Friday 23 May 2008

Atmosphere Wears Heart on Sleeve with 'Lemons'

Atmosphere Wears Heart on Sleeve with 'Lemons'



With lyrics like, "The only guarantee in life, is a life worth death for" on their latest record album "When Liveliness Gives You Lemons, You Paint That S--t Gold," rappers Air [ tickets ] have come ace gradation closer to embracing their oft-cited tag "emo rap music.""I gave up lovingness more or less what they call me," wrote rapper Slug, max Born Sean Daley, in an email interview. "Whatever a journalist hasta [sic] do in order to get their paycheck and arrest laid is delicately by me. Not my job, y'know?"Merely journalists--and fans--have been Atmosphere's friend since "When Living Gives You Lemons ..." was released Apr 22. The album has been met with critical acclaim, and fans purchases 36,526 copies during its number one week, devising it No. 5 on The Billboard 200 album chart, according to their publiciser.On this album, Slug ditched the fictional stories for which he became known, and decided to explore an autobiographical route, departure him vulnerable."In that location has been lots of fictionalizing on all of the older albums," he wrote. "Just in today's 'keep it real' mentality, people don't seem to want to believe that. So I did relieve oneself an extra elbow grease to break the fictionalizing on my sleeve, yes, more often than not so that no one would misinterpret what and why I do what I do. I'm a storyteller--not a liar. Lies depend on personal agenda and motives. [The] stories ar there for everyone to manipulate--the storyteller, the auditor, etc.""When Life Gives You Lemons ..." has been a long time in the making for Ambiance. Punch and his producing married person Pismire (Antonius Davys) wrote the songs and demoed them in Oct and November of 2006 and tracked it the next calendar month. "Then we left it alone to marinate while we worked on other projects through nearly of '07," he wrote. "Then we went support and mixed and finalized it in November-December of '07. [We] turned it in on January. 1, 2008."I appreciated doing it this way, because it gave me the opportunity to tour and do some of these songs hold out, earlier we went stake and finalized it," Slug explained. "I got to work come out of the closet close to duplicate bugs and nicknack."Out of these roger Sessions came a children's story that is included with the deluxe edition of "When Life Gives You Lemons...," which includes a guest appearance by a beat-boxing Turkey cock Waits. It was a ploy to throw off forth the listener, Slug wrote. "[It] gives the fan even less of a chance to misinterpret our work," Bullet explained. "[I] figured that a children's storey is 1 of the virtually simplistic shipway of qualification a greater point. The greater item is to a greater extent important than the songs, or my image, or any of this s--t really. I suppose I'm acquiring more and more spiritualist as I make older, around how and what I am used for. I don't need my communication to be misinterpreted any longer. F totally of that 'ambiguous arty for the saki of arty' bulls---. Rent the younger identity crisis kids do that stuff."A stunning change for Atmosphere on "When Live Gives You Lemons ..." is the use of a last band--Nate William Wilkie Collins on guitar, Erick Maxwell Anderson on keys and Mankwe Ndosi on backing vocals."These guys have been salute for our shoemaker's last few albums and they have been touring with me for virtually four-spot years now. The additional participation from them [on 'When Life Gives You Lemons'] was a baby step."Ambiance is on circuit (details ar listed beneath), and will come out on Deep Night with Conan Edna O'Brien on Wednesday, May 21, and on Fuel TV's "The Daily Habit" on Fri, May 23, and Monday, Crataegus oxycantha 26.